What is prayer walking?
- Prayer walking is, simply, walking while praying. You walk with Jesus with open eyes, both physically and spiritually. It is a practical way to pray. When we prayer walk in the presence of the Holy Spirit, God begins to speak to our hearts through what we see with our physical eyes, but then He also gives us a glimpse into His invisible eternal world through our spiritual eyes.
Why should you prayer walk?
- Prayer walking prepares the way for God’s Spirit to move. It can also aide in breaking the power of evil over a place.
- You see firsthand what is going on in the area.
- It’s an adventure with God.
- Your ears are more sensitive to promptings of the Holy Spirit in the area.
- It is a practical way to practice focused praying for your neighbors, your neighborhood, or your city.
- It helps you to focus on God’s Kingdom purposes and His glory, not “self”.
How can you pray during prayer walk?
- If you see a bench in the front yard, pray for those who will sit upon it.
- If you see bicycles, pray for the safety of their riders.
- Pray that the members of the household may know Christ and may come to know trust and rely on his guidance for their lives.
- Pray for health and safety.
- Pray for the raising of children and grandchildren.
- Pray for business owners, and employees as you walk past businesses.
- Pray for administrators, teachers, and school employees as you walk past schools.
- Pray for pastors, leaders, members, and ministries as you walk past churches.
- Pray for students and parents - their education and future - as you walk past schools.
- Choose a Scripture passage and pray it as you walk.